I haven’t read the book, but I thought these were excellent suggestions! Regarding number 2, I would recommend praying WITH your wife, out loud, together.
14 Ways to Date Your Wife
1. Spend an evening working on your kiss. Learn how to kiss your wife all over again.
2. Pray for your wife. Pray for her every day.
3. Remind your wife of the gospel.
4. Make a list of ten things your wife loves to do. Each new time you take your wife on a date, do one of those ten things as your date.
5. Make sure you and your wife are in community and on mission with a healthy, gospel-preaching church.
6. Tickle your wife.
7. Worship God with your wife.
8. Make dinner for your wife.
9. Spend an evening reminiscing with your wife about all you’ve been through together and all God has done and redeemed in your life together.
10. Compliment your wife on her inner beauty.
11. Compliment your wife on her outer beauty.
12. Hold your wife’s hand often, in public and in private.
13. Study your wife. Get to know your wife and how she ticks; there’s always more to learn.
14. Notice when your wife is particularly tired, drained, or stressed out. On such days step in and take one or two responsibilities off your wife’s plate.
Reblogged from RaisingGodlyChildren.org
These 14 ways to date your wife come from Justin Buzzard’s book, Date Your Wife.