Complaining has the potential to sabotage the morale, engagement and culture of your team, family, group etc. It not only sabotages your own happiness and success but of everyone around you. Most people complain for two main reason: 1. They feel powerless, 2. It’s a habit. Some people complain about others, because there is something deep inside them which is unresolved. They are unhappy creatures. It is possible to stop focusing on everything YOU deem wrong with others, and focus on thinking correctly according to scriptures. Some people can think correctly, but their delivery or approach to others is lacking kindness, and real godly love. Here are some helpful tips.
1. Practice Gratitude. Research shows that when we count three blessings a day, we get a measurable boost in happiness that uplifts and energizes us. It’s also physiologically impossible to be stressed and thankful at the same time. Two thoughts cannot occupy our mind at the same time. If you are focusing on gratitude, you can’t be negative. You can also energize and engage others by letting them know you are grateful for them and their contributions to your life.
2. Praise Others. Instead of complaining about what others are doing wrong, start focusing on what they are doing right. Praise them and watch as they grow as a result. Of course, point out their mistakes so they can learn and grow, but make sure you give three times as much praise as criticism.
3. Focus on Success. Start a success journal. Each night before you go to bed, write down the one great thing about your day. The one great conversation, accomplishment, or win that you are most proud of. Focus on your success, and you’ll look forward to creating more success tomorrow.
4. Let Go. Focus on the things that you have the power to change, and let go of the things that are beyond your control. You’ll be amazed that when you stop trying to control everything, it all somehow works out. Surrender is the answer.
5. Pray. Scientific research shows that daily prayer reduces stress; boosts positive energy; and promotes health, vitality, and longevity. When you are faced with the urge to complain or you are feeling stressed to the max, stop, be still, plug-in to The Ultimate Power, and recharge.
NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please do not read, distribute, or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify me immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer.